Welcome to the Visual Capitalist Content Policy (the “Content Policy”). This Content Policy is incorporated by reference into our Terms of Service, currently available here (the “Terms”). Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein will have the meaning set out in the Terms.
This Content Policy explains the rules around posting content on our Services (the “User Content”). We reserve the right to decline or remove any User Content on our Services at any time in our sole discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Content. We may or may not moderate User Content at any given time. But, in any event, despite any moderation of User Content by us, you agree that we are not responsible for your User Content.
2. Posting Content
Our Services curate data-driven, visual content based on the latest global trends, investments, technologies and economies. Through our Services we wish to facilitate the publishing of valuable, accurate and verifiable information in an accessible manner. Here we describe the approach to posting User Content on our Services:
- Credible Sources. Data within the User Content must: (i) be true, accurate and verifiable; (ii) be obtained from credible sources; and (iii) not be opinion-based.
- Referencing. Data within the User Content must be accompanied with references to credible sources for such data. Credible sources include academic publications, peer-reviewed journals and government reports. Clear attributions and references to all data sources must be presented to allow users of the Services to verify the information presented in the User Content.
- Useful and Informative. User Content must be informative and must not be used for harmful, sensational, hateful, harassing, illegal, controversial, deceptive or exploitative purposes.
- Restrictions. In addition to any other restrictions set out in this Content Policy and/or the Terms, User Content must not contain:
- any defamatory, graphic, sexual, obscene, derogatory, racist or self-harming text, images or symbolism;
- any pseudoscience, disinformation, or other content that is contrary to public health or safety;
- any spam or advertisements for other websites, applications, products or services; provided that, this will not prevent referencing links to data sources and author attribution; or
- any personal information of any individual, or any confidential or proprietary information of any individual or entity, including the content of any private communications, except if the prior written consent of all implicated persons is obtained.
3. Rights to Content
By posting User Content on our Services, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you have obtained all necessary rights and licenses to do so; and (b) the User Content will not infringe the rights of any third party, including any intellectual property rights and privacy rights.
4. Removing Content
- Removal Right. Without limitation to any of our rights and remedies, we reserve the right to decline to post, or to remove, any User Content on the Services if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such content violates anything in this Content Policy.
- Appeal Process. If we remove any of your User Content from the Services, you may appeal the decision. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reporting. We encourage you to report any User Content on the Services that you believe may violate this Content Policy or our Terms. We will review the reported content as soon as we can.
Nothing in this Content Policy limits the application of any provision of the Terms. We may modify or update this Content Policy from time to time in our sole discretion, so please review it periodically. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Content Policy will apply immediately upon posting to our website. Your continued use of the Services after any changes to the Content Policy will be conclusively deemed as your acceptance of the Content Policy as amended.